Kings Kids is our K-5th grade Children’s Program, offered during our 11am service.
Kings Kids starts after the music portion of the service is concluded, and Pastor Jeff stands up to preach. At that time, all the children are invited to go to Kings Kids. Parents can escort their child to the Check-In Station, which is located down the hallway at the rear of the sanctuary. If you don’t know where to go, just follow the mob of kids!
At the Check In station, you will be asked to register your child, and will be given a name badge. Keep this badge, because this will tell us what child belongs to you when the classes are over. If your child has any allergies or considerations, you can notify the Check-In station volunteers at that time, and also meet their teacher briefly before the class begins. Classes conclude right around 12:30 when the main service concludes, and parents can come to the Check-In station to pick up their children.
The class room experiences are geared toward teaching spiritual lessons to each age group at their own level.
The classes are interactive, engaging and just plain fun! Children learn Bible verses and stories out of the Bible, and are challenged to honor God in their decisions in very practical ways. While the child’s spiritual development is ultimately the parent’s responsibility at first, we want to partner with you in this important aspect of your child’s development.
Some sample lessons of what your child might learn are: Why it is important to be truthful, How to be a good friend, How much God loves them, Why we should obey our parents, and many many more biblical themes.
We have several core values we abide by to make this the best possible experience for your child.
We want you as a parent to be able to listen and learn, without worrying about your child. So, we have taken these steps to let you know we take the safety & well-being of your child very seriously.
- We always have two teachers per classroom.
- All of our classrooms have doors with windows in them (with the exception of the building for 4-5th grade we lease out). If you ever want to pop in and see what’s happening feel free to do so!
- We require all of our volunteers to undergo a background check.
- We require all parents to check in/check out their child, so we always know what child belongs to whom.
- To pickup your child, you must show up with the badge given to you at the check-in station.
- In the event of an emergency, we have procedures & radios in place to ensure prompt response to any potential problems.
- In the event you are needed, one of our volunteers will notify you immediately.